Monday, September 23, 2013

[New Release] Superfly - Superfly BEST


What's J-hoe Shiho gotta do when you've been in the industry longer than Aoyama Thelma's relevance? Release dat best album, of course. What I like about Superfly's management is that they are always clear in their vision. Force was announced about a year before its release. This best album was already planned before Curtis Mayfield even thought about Super Fly.

Shiho be giving me reeeeeeal lesbo vibes all over that cover. I love it. I've always known she was a huge fan of oysters. I'm really digging that jacket with the collage too, but everything else just seems pretty lazy. Then again, this whole album is pretty lazy. You're pretty much getting all her a-sides in this collection, as with other "best" albums (Where is 1969 / Searching / Haru no Maboroshi / No Bandage?!?! Not all your singles are your best songs dammit!!!), along with 3 new songs Bi-Li-Li Emotion (what?), Always and Starting Over. But being the sucker that I am, I already pre-ordered it the moment it was listed online.

Hey, at least I'm finally getting Dancing On The Fire on CD. She probably forgot to include it in Mind Travel, especially with that shitty single cover it has. Sasurai no Tabitito will also be on this album, which was originally only included on first press editions on one of her live DVD releases.

I'm really curious to see how well this album will do on the charts because I have a feeling she might only outsell Force by just a liiiittle bit, since her studio albums since day 1 have sold really well so I'd think only 2.5 people would be interested in this release (i.e. me, me, and Kana Nishino's lips).

If you get the limited edition you'll also get a DVD with all her music videos from her debut, with the exception of the music videos for the new song (which I've yet to watch btw) and strangely, Free Planet as well. That's a kickass song man. Then again, Superfly's videos are never anything to write home about anyway. 

Superfly BEST will be released on 25 September 2013.
CD1 Tracklist
  1. Bi-Li-Li Emotion
  2. Hello Hello (ハロー・ハロー)
  3. Manifest (マニフェスト)
  4. i spy i spy (Superfly × JET)
  5. Ai wo Komete Hanataba wo (愛をこめて花束を)
  6. Hi-Five
  7. How Do I Survive?
  8. My Best Of My Life
  9. Alright!!
  10. Koisuru Hitomi wa Utsukushii (恋する瞳は美しい)
  11. Yasashii Kimochi de (やさしい気持ちで)
  12. Dancing On The Fire
  13. Free Planet
  14. Wildflower
  15. Always
CD2 Tracklist
  1. Tamashii Revolution (タマシイレボリューション)
  2. Roll Over The Rainbow
  3. Eyes On Me
  4. Beep!!
  5. Sunshine Sunshine
  6. Rollin' Days
  7. Ah (あぁ)
  8. Ai wo Kurae (愛をくらえ)
  9. Sasurai no Tabitito (さすらいの旅人)
  10. STARS (Superfly&トータス松本)
  11. Kagayaku Tsuki no You ni (輝く月のように)
  12. The Bird Without Wings
  13. Force
  14. Starting Over
DVD Tracklist
  1. Hello Hello (MUSIC VIDEO)
  2. Manifest (MUSIC VIDEO)
  3. i spy i spy (Superfly × JET) (MUSIC VIDEO)
  4. Ai wo Komete Hanataba wo (MUSIC VIDEO)
  5. Hi-Five (MUSIC VIDEO)
  6. How Do I Survive? (MUSIC VIDEO)
  7. My Best Of My Life (MUSIC VIDEO)
  8. Alright!! (MUSIC VIDEO)
  9. Koisuru Hitomi wa Utsukushii (MUSIC VIDEO)
  10. Yasashii Kimochi de (MUSIC VIDEO)
  11. Dancing On The Fire (MUSIC VIDEO)
  12. Free Planet (MUSIC VIDEO)
  13. Wildflower (MUSIC VIDEO)
  14. Tamashii Revolution (MUSIC VIDEO)
  15. Roll Over The Rainbow (MUSIC VIDEO)
  16. Eyes On Me (MUSIC VIDEO)
  17. Beep!! (MUSIC VIDEO)
  18. Rollin' Days (MUSIC VIDEO)
  19. Ah (MUSIC VIDEO)
  20. Ai wo Kurae (MUSIC VIDEO)
  21. STARS (Superfly&トータス松本) (MUSIC VIDEO)
  22. Kagayaku Tsuki no You ni (MUSIC VIDEO)
  23. The Bird Without Wings (MUSIC VIDEO)
  24. Force (MUSIC VIDEO)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...